Let's Bridge The Gap, Potenza

This post is from my 'Speed-Dating Cities'...




Look here, Potenza: even though Sergio Musmeci's viaduct at Potenza with it's fancy-schmancy mathematics makes me shudder at memory of having to learn hyperbolic functions in Complex Maths class (go away, cosh and sinh!)... let's just bury the hatchet and move on.

When can I see you again?

Sure, I am suspicious of neoprene models artfully arranged by professors to demonstrate how their structure uses minimal material for maximum performance...


But I'll be honest here, the way your viaduct was constructed and the end results:









Makes me want to go for dinner with you and your mamma so I can see how you'll age over the years.
I bet you'll look amazing.

One small thing though: I don't get how you can get away with not having protection over your electrified railway lines.

If this were Australia, there'd be all sorts of barriers and wire mesh - partly to keep our wonderful citizens from accidentally touching the wires, but mostly to "spray" the pee - our young men have been thought to suffer from this strange condition where they climb up bridges and pee over them onto electrified lines.... causing massive electrocution. in all the wrong places.



I take it the men you have with you... don't have the same problems?


Images sourced from here and here and here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello There! Leave me a message - particularly if you've got a city in mind for me to date! The Geek Buck's a huge fan of matchmakers.